Onesun Steve Yoo
Dr. Onesun Steve Yoo is an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in the Department of Management Science and Innovation. He joined the department in 2010 after receiving his PhD from the UCLA Anderson School of Management. He also received an MS in Electrical Engineering from UCLA, and BS and BA in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Applied Mathematics respectively from UC Berkeley.
Entrepreneurs face many important operational and tactical challenges every day. For example,
- How should you invest time in process improvement efforts during growth?
- When should you hire your first employee? How do you retain the good ones?
- How should you allocate your time to different customers when selling?
- What can you do to nudge customers to adopt your new product?
- How should you learn and “pivot” during the product development process?
Dr. Yoo’s research utilizes analytical models (using stochastic dynamic programming, Bayesian learning, and game theory) for relevant entrepreneurial growth settings, and provide prescriptive insights/practical frameworks that aid entrepreneurial firm operations.
Link to the publication’s UCL Discovery page