Our careers team work exclusively with MS&I students to enhance their employability, provide tailored individual careers support and facilitate connections with employers globally. This is an essential complement to our academic programmes, enabling us to best prepare our students for their future careers and support them to identify and achieve their goals. We have a team of 4 Career Consultants, 1 Employer & Alumni Engagement Manager and 2 Employer Engagement and Events Officers.
Alongside the MS&I wide careers events and initiatives detailed below, there is also programme specific careers support. Please refer to individual programme pages for these details.
Working closely with a broad range of employers from all sectors, we organise a programme of activities designed to maximise opportunities for our students to network and build strong connections with employers. Our students participate in activities which allow them to develop a highly competitive skillset, and strong and current commercial awareness.
As part of the dedicated employer engagement programme, our students enjoy exclusive access to:
- Industry Insight Sessions
- Employer led business games and skills sessions
- Employer presentations
- Employer led CV checking, mock interviews and mock assessment centres
- Employer involvement in academic teaching
- Access to the wider employer activity programme organised by UCL Careers
Employers who have previously participated in the department’s programmes
The UCL Department of Management Science & Innovation is keen to maintain strong ties with its alumni community. Our first MS&I Alumni Networking Evening Reception took place on Monday 24th March 2014 and was a great success with over 140 alumni, current students and faculty staff in attendance.
Thanks to Nathan El-Shahab (BSc Information for Management Business 2012), Cyber Security Consultant at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, Alex Siljanovski (MSc Technology Entrepreneurship 2012), Founder and CEO of Basestone and Jenny Cooke (MSc Management 2011), Management Consultant at Capco for giving such engaging updates on their lives since leaving MS&I, and on their current roles and projects in industry.
We are currently planning new ways of specifically engaging our alumni, and will soon be launching dedicated alumni pages on our website and sending regular newsletters, where we will share the latest faculty news, keep you posted on the huge range of exciting events and activities coming up, and promote new job and business opportunities relevant to you and the wider MS&I community.
If you have any queries, or ideas or news to share please contact Shak Chowdhury, Employer & Alumni Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in Management Society
Established in 2013, the MS&I founded Women in Management society aims to inform, inspire and connect our students through workshops, skills sessions, networking events, discussions and competitions. There is an ongoing gap in gender equality when it comes to executive positions, and our Women in Management society aim to improve that in the future through giving our members the necessary support and inspiration and working closely with partner companies backing the initiative.
Join the Facebook group at www.facebook.com/groups/uclwomeninmanagement/ or get involved on Twitter @WiM_UCL. Website to be launched soon! Contact Natasha Weller at email@example.com if you would like to be involved in this initiative.
Recruit our Students
Whether you need to recruit for permanent graduate level positions, projects or internships, our global student community can meet the most diverse recruitment needs. Our rigorous selection criteria across our courses mean that, as a recruiter, you can be confident that much of the initial work has already been done for you.
Ways you can engage with our students:
- Advertise your vacancies: target your opportunities, internships and placements to specific courses and year groups. We will advertise your opportunities free of charge.
- Raise your profile: attend our industry insight sessions, deliver company presentations and support students by offering CV / application checking and mock interviews. You can get involved in these activities throughout the year.
- Industry Projects: benefit from an independent perspective on strategic issues by harnessing the expertise of our students. We welcome projects from all industry sectors and will be happy to discuss your needs further.
- Student Societies: our student societies are a vibrant part of the MS&I community, led by students for students. Our Women in Management Society for example organises events designed to support our female talent reach their full potential.
Contact Shak Chowdhury at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.